HomeFacebookYou Tube PRS CertificateCMP Certificate
Renters - UK Rooms For Rent


Renting with us is easy and there is no need to visit our offices, all application forms can be sent via email.

With our vast spectrum of properties stretching from single bedrooms to large houses with multiple occupants there is always a choice when looking to rent through UK Rooms For Rent.

We offer accommodation for all types of tenants including:

  • Corporations
  • Full and part-time employees / professionals
  • Self employed
  • Short-term Lets
  • Students
  • International Students
  • Housing Benefits
  • Asylum

We firmly believe in speed and simplicity as we know there is a lot of information for you to absorb in your hunt for the right property which is why we will give you all the information you need in a concise and easy to understand format ironing out all the grey areas you would have otherwise not known.

Steps to renting a property from us:

1. Visit our website and choose the properties which catch your eye
2. Call or email our friendly team for further information and to discuss your needs
3. Shortlist which properties you would like to view and we will arrange this for you
4. Once you have found a property you like, simply pay a small holding payment and our agency fees (if applicable) and we will update the property status from ‘Available’ to ‘Under Offer’
5. Complete a simple application form and provide the necessary identification documents. Your application will then be processed
6. Once your application has been accepted we will arrange with you to sign the tenancy agreement and collect the balance of rent and deposit due
7. We will then hand you the keys to your new home and change the property status from ‘Under Offer’ to ‘Complete’.

*This a typical example. Some applications may require further steps to complete depending on the extent of our instruction from our client.

Frequently Asked Questions

I've found a place I want to rent. What next?
We advise that you view the property before you make an offer to rent. Your advisor will send you written confirmation of your offer clearly stating the length of tenancy, rental amount, deposit, any fees and special features such as furniture or inclusive bills. Attached to this will be an application form for you to complete and return to the agency. The agency will then process your referencing application to ensure you’re in a position to rent the property.

Why do I need to be referenced?
We need to be sure that that tenant won’t have any problems paying the rent on a monthly basis and that the tenant will take good care of their property.

What does referencing involve?
Tenants applying to rent need to give details of their employer and income, their previous address, and identification documents. These will be checked to ensure they are able to commit to monthly rental payments.

Do I need to show ID?
We need to be sure a tenant is who they say they are. We will require a proof of residency (such as a utility or council tax bill from the last 6 months) and proof of ID (such as a passport or driving licence). We will also need to see your right to stay in the UK if you are from outside of the European Union.

What if there are problems with my reference?
In some circumstances, a tenant may not be approved immediately via referencing. Obvious examples are students without a regular income, or someone employed on a non-permanent contract basis. This is not uncommon, and there are still options for tenants in this position. They could pay the rent for the full term up front, or seek out a guarantor.

What is a guarantor?
If a tenant is not fully approved by the referencing process, an option is they can ask a guarantor to support them. A guarantor (usually a parent or guardian) will agree to take joint responsibility for the rent for the property if the tenant fails to. Guarantors are required to pay any rent arrears (if the tenant does not pay) and underwrite any other clauses in the tenancy agreement.

What does a guarantor need to do?
A guarantor needs to go through the same referencing process as a tenant. The normal requirement is that they are employed and a UK resident, with sufficient earnings to cover the tenant’s rental commitment or they are a property owner.

Why do I have to pay a deposit?
The landlord trusts the tenant to keep the property in a good condition and in good order. The deposit is held to ensure that any damages (over and above fair wear and tear) can be corrected at the end of the tenancy.

What will happen to my deposit?
Landlords are required to register your deposit with an approved Tenancy Deposit Scheme. UK Rooms For Rent landlords register their deposits with a scheme such as Deposit Protection Service. The deposit is then either held by the landlord, the agent or the deposit scheme itself. You should receive details of the scheme, explaining where the deposit is held.

What does a Tenancy Deposit Scheme do?
A Tenancy Deposit Scheme like Deposit Protection Service will protect the money for you and can offer assistance should there be a dispute about the deposit at the end of the tenancy.

What is a tenancy agreement?
A tenancy agreement is a contract signed by both the tenant and the landlord. It outlines all the rules to which both parties must comply.

Who is responsible for repairs?
The landlord is responsible for maintaining the property in a good state of repair. They will either take care of this directly, or do so via a letting agent – make sure you know who to go to when there’s a fault at the beginning of the tenancy. Check your 'Welcome letter' to find out what service level your landlord has. If it is Tenant Find or Rent Collect, then you will need to talk to your landlord directly. If it is Fully Managed then the agent will help. If you do damage to the property you are expected to cover the cost of putting this right.

Can I decorate or make changes to the property?
In most cases, a tenant can only decorate or make changes to the property with the express permission of the landlord. We recommend receiving this permission in writing.

What if the landlord isn't keeping to their side of the agreement?
If a tenant believes the landlord is not keeping to their side of the agreement – for instance, not maintaining the property in a fit state of repair – then the first thing the tenant should do is speak to their letting agent. The letting agent has a duty of care to the tenant, and may be able to help to resolve issues depending on the service type the landlord has with the agent. Look at your 'Welcome letter' to find out the service level of your landlord.

What if I want to end the tenancy?
If you are tied into a fixed term contract, you will be liable for the rent until the fixed term is finished. Alternatively, you may be able to find a suitable tenant to replace you. Speak to your landlord or letting agent for further details. If you are no longer in a fixed term contract (ie. a rolling contract) your tenancy agreement will define the notice you need to give.

What if I can't pay my rent?
It is always your responsibility to pay the rent, but circumstances change. What happens if you become unemployed or are unable to work due to sickness? The most important thing is not to let arrears pile up until they’re unmanageable. Speak to your landlord or letting agent and see if you can reschedule your payments. And don’t forget, you can get insured against sickness and unemployment to keep yourself protected

Journey Planner
Free Rental Valuations
Rent Guarantee
Property News
Maintenance Request
UK Rooms For Rent

Legal & Privacy | Sitemap | Links
© 2021 UK Rooms For Rent